Monday, March 23, 2009

An encounter

May 20, 692

So Lesbia and I actually went on a date yesterday. It was pretty awesome. I really think we're connecting. I even did one of these txting things from the commercials on MTV and it said that we were a perfect match. And after our date last night i wrote this.

fletus passeris Lesbiae

LVGETE, o Veneres Cupidinesque,
et quantum est hominum uenustiorum:
passer mortuus est meae puellae, passer,
deliciae meae puellae,
quem plus illa oculis suis amabat.
nam mellitus erat suamque norat
ipsam tam bene quam puella matrem,
nec sese a gremio illius mouebat,
sed circumsiliens modo huc modo illuc
ad solam dominam usque pipiabat.
qui nunc it per iter tenebricosum
illuc, unde negant redire quemquam.
at uobis male sit, malae tenebrae
Orci, quae omnia bella deuoratis:
tam bellum mihi passerem abstulistis
o factum male! o miselle passer!
tua nunc opera meae puellae
flendo turgiduli rubent ocelli.

Mourn, o Veneres and Cupid,
And of all the lovely people that exist:
The sparrow is dead my girl,
The sparrow, my delicate girl,
Which you loved more than your own eyes
For he himself was honey-sweet and
Himself as well as a girl’s mother,
But circumstances at one time or point that at another
To the alone mistress constantly chirping:
For now that road has become dark,
From which they refuse to return.
But speak of bad, Dis of the evil darkness,
Who devours all good:
So keep away my good sparrow.
O evil deed! O poor little sparrow!
You my girl now eye the work of
This red swollen fledgling.

well there it is. right now im waiting to here from Lesbia....
Catullus out...

3 comments:

  1. Lesbia- I really had fun on our date the other day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catullus- Yea so did I. Are you free anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesbia- Well I'll have to move a few things around but for you, anything. See ya later :)

    ReplyDelete